Would you like to mix on a
SAC Quick Check
- If you want to do virtual live sound mixing (mixing in the box)
SAC is currently the best choice.
- If you are a studio engineer who is comfortable working within a
DAW but who does occasional live sound production SAC would be
something that you should look into.
- If you are a band that does sound from stage but wants more
features than the typical rack mixer SAC may be a good choice for
- If you are a band that wants their own in-ear or personal
monitor system SAC may be a good choice.
- If you are a band engineer operating a band PA SAC might be
right for you.
- If you work in situations where running a snake and/or setting
up a FOH mix location is a problem SAC may be of value.
- If you work in venues with lower quality boards or lousy mix
locations SAC may be the answer.
- If you are an owner/operator of an event system SAC can work for
- If you are doing an installed system with a trained system tech
SAC may be a good option.
- If you are doing an install of a system where there will not be
a trained tech on duty a SAC rig probably should not be
- If you like all the features of SAC but feel you must have
faders (aside from an occasional cross fade) you should be looking
at hardware consoles.
- If you are a provider of rental PA systems SAC is probably not a
- If you provide systems but most bands have a FOH tech or do
national acts SAC would not be a first choice.